- Play the part of a passenger, locomotive driver, pointsman or station master and climb in the locomotives and carriages to see them up close.
- Find out the stories of museum objects.
- Lift the station’s roof and call the Anna Station’s station master.
- Find answers about the railway. Play a Scavenger Hunt game at the museum.
- Organize a children’s party with a special tour of the museum and games.
- Model railway of 44 m2, with unique handmade Latvian railway infrastructure, buildings and scenery, where you can see a train dashing across bridges towards the station, only to set off again.
- Have fun and relax in the kids' corner. Watch films, play with wooden trains and color the unfinished drawings.
- Guided tours for groups.
- Activities for children of various ages - build your own steam locomotive model, lesson at the Station Life exposition and others (to find out more, call +371 20032331).
- Safety lessons for pupils with games and cartoons (free lesson with prior booking by calling +371 20032331).
- Summer camps.
- Ride on a hand draisine (from May until October).
- Excursion at the former Jelgava Depot building, which houses the rest of the rolling stock collection (once a month with prior booking by calling +371 20034850).
- Research work with the museum’s holdings and scientific archive will let you discover and learn about the railway history.
- The electronic data base of photographs, postcards and printed works will give you an insight into station buildings, railway bridges, rolling stock, employees, tickets and much more.
- Books and magazines about railways.
- Receive consultations and information from the museum’s specialists both at the museum and electronically.
FOR RAILWAY ENTHUSIASTS
- Largest broad-gauge rolling stock collection in the Baltics - 1900s carriage for prisoner transportation, Class III passenger carriage produced by AS Fenikss in Latvia, iconic Soviet era electric train ER2 and locomotive TEP60, rural railway (600 mm gauge) locomotive, carriages and snowplow and railbus of a peat plant.
- Extensive collection of historical testimonies and informative materials.
- Participate in a meet-up about railway with railway modelists and enthusiasts.
- Flip through the latest journals and books about railway.
- Explore the online collection.
- Explore the museum’s Youtube channel and blog Galastacija.
- Volunteer work: a chance to participate in the restoration process, guide excursions, go on expeditions and visit the museum for free.
- Find out more about railway heritage: www.dzelzcelaobjekti.lv
LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Take photos and find the spots in the museum most popular with photo hunters and share them on social networks.
- Picnic at the outdoor exposition.
- Popular history movies about railways.
- Draw a #railwaysketch throughout the exposition.
- Join us on an industrial hiking trip.
- Participate in various workshops, camps and family events.
- Gift your friends a photo session.
- Postcards, puzzles, books, games and other souvenirs at the museum’s souvenir kiosk.
- The museum’s historical area (the carriage depot hall) is available for theater performances, concerts, exhibitions, parties and celebrations.